Netscape Gecko Central
Netscape Gecko™ is a standards-based browser embedded in Netscape 7.x, Mozilla, CompuServe 7, AOL for Mac OS X, as well as other browsers. Netscape Gecko Central brings you specific information on these embedded browsers. Get the latest tips and release information by signing up for DevEdge News.
Netscape 7.1 is now available
Download Netscape 7.1, Netscape's fastest, most stable and best browser ever.
Learn more about Netscape 7.1.
Mozilla and Gecko are the basis for a variety of products besides Netscape 7.x. Check out all the clients embedding these browsers. [go]
Get a quick introduction to Netscape Gecko-based browsers as well as hints for making sure your site works well with browsers based on W3C standards. [go]
This technote discusses how a web site can prevent Netscape Gecko-based browsers (such as Mozilla and Netscape 7) from remembering form and password field information in session history cache and also how to prevent the user from being prompted by the browser to store this information. [go]
- Rich-Text Editing in Mozilla 1.3 (04 Apr 2003 | 01 Jul 2003)
- Comparing Netscape 7.x Vs. Mozilla For Your Organization (21 Mar 2003)
- SOAP in Netscape Gecko-based Browsers (14 Mar 2003)
- DevEdge Redesign FAQ (07 Mar 2003)
- Prefetching Content for Increased Performance (28 Feb 2003)
- Tracking Gecko Browser Statistics (16 Dec 2002 | 30 Jan 2003)
- Gecko's "Almost Standards" Mode (08 Nov 2002)
- Netscape Gecko Compatibility Handbook (16 Aug 2002)
- Netscape Gecko User Agent Strings (17 Jul 2002 | 30 Jun 2003)